Ageing | Wrinkles | Scars | Melasma
As you age and battle skin conditions, the natural construction of our skin weakens, which leads to fine lines, wrinkles, large pores, and uneven skin texture. Collagen induction therapy, also known as microneedling, is a fantastic way to address these signs of ageing at the cellular level. Microneedling works to create thousands of micro-injuries in the skin to trigger the body’s natural wound healing process. This results in skin remodelling, including the formation of collagen and elastin, the two proteins predominantly responsible for the structure of the skin.
I am proud to supply the sole globally FDA approved microneedling device (SkinPen Precision) that is clinically proven with visible results seen after one treatment. SkinPen Precision creates controlled micro-injuries that stimulate the body’s natural wound healing response which initiates the discharge of natural growth factors to boost collagen formation and cellular tissue. Collagen Induction Therapy assists within the rejuvenation of the epidermal integrity leading to improved appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. SkinPen Precision can effectively remodel connective tissue whilst maintaining the structure of your skin. SkinPen may be used on all areas of the face and body and can treat a variety of concerns.
The outcome is beautiful, youthful-looking skin.
Summary Of Your Treatment
----- Before and After -----
Before vs After
Individual results may vary
Before vs After
Individual results may vary
Why I would only use a SkinPen for this treatment
Formed explicitly for microneedling, Skinfuse® Post-Procedure Protocol by Crown Esthetics gives fundamental mitigating fixings into skin cells post-technique. Microneedling fools the body into sending more helpful collagens and elastin. As part of the package, you receive the Skinfuse resue calming complex for use in the days following the treatment.
Most frequent questions and answers
There are many benefits to introducing microneedling into your beauty regime. They include:
- Reduction of fine lines and superficial wrinkles on your face
- Improvement in your overall skin tone and texture
- Reducing the appearance of your pores
- Increased absorption of products you use
- Improvement of skin texture
- Safe and easy to use
- Areas on both the face and body can be treated
- The surface of the skin remains intact
- Suitable for all skin types
There are no side effects
- Skin ageing – Fine lines, wrinkles and loose skin
- Acne scarring
- Stretch marks
- Enlarged pores
- Skin trauma – Scars
- Hair loss
Yes, the treatment is completely safe. The treatment only pierces the epidermis and dermis to stimulate collagen production. The epidermis and dermis heals rapidly, usually in a matter of hours, and the skin should be completely back to normal within 24 to 48 hours.
Furthermore, I use SkinPen.
- It is Laboratory Tested and Validated to prevent the risk of cross contamination
- CE Mark medical grade registration provides practices in Europe with a safe, reliable and effective device compliant and certified to ISO & BSI standard
- FDA CLEARED Microneedling Pen
You will begin to see the results immediately after the treatment, your skin will be plump, smooth and radiant. However, depending on the skin concern, the results will take 3-4 weeks.
During the procedure, small pricks are made under the skin with a pen-like tool. The pinpricks are so small that you likely won’t notice them after the procedure. The pen is moved evenly across your skin so that the new skin that rejuvenates will be even, too.
You might think that having a bunch of tiny needles stamped into your skin would be painful, but surprisingly it is not. 20 minutes before treatment you’ll have a topical anaesthetic applied which will eliminate any discomfort during the process. Everyone who has experienced microneedling treatment has remarked on how pain free it really is, and some have even commented that it’s a little like a rather rough massage.
The skin will then be thoroughly cleansed and the treatment will commence. The treatment may last 30 minutes, depending on the area that is to be treated.
Directly following the procedure, you will be advised to:
- Keep the area clean. Use only tepid water for the first 72 hours. Dry the skin in a gentle manner and with a clean towel
- Nothing to be applied to the skin for 24 hours, as there may be an increased risk of infection
- Protect the skin from UV damage. Avoid sun exposure and sun beds for 2-4 weeks after treatment
- A minimum of SPF30 to be worn after 24 hours
- The skin will feel dry, use a gentle unscented moisturiser to keep the skin hydrated
- Make up should be avoided for 24 hours, unless it is mineral based make up
- Strenuous exercise should be avoided for 24 hours
- Avoid any products (prescription or non-prescription) that contain active ingredients
- Blood may be visible on the skin post treatment and should be wiped away with sterile gauze and water initially
- Bruising (this may last up to 1 week)
- Erythema and flushing (redness of the skin) (this may last up to 1 week)
- Swelling (this may last up to 1 week)
- Skin tightness and dryness
Microneedling treatment can require 3-6 sessions, depending on the condition to be treated and area to be treated. There will be 4-6 weeks in between each appointment to allow the skin time to heal.